The Inn at Little Washington offers the opportunity for non-professionals to spend time working with Chef Patrick O’Connell’s award winning team in what has been called the “world’s most beautiful kitchen”. The stagiaire program, named for the traditional French apprentice program is a key facet of any professional cook’s education. The program allows guests to not only observe the different departments in our kitchen, but gives them the chance to actually pick up a whisk and join in. The stagiaire program is an ideal opportunity to learn the secret to making light and delicious gnocchi, perfect your knife skills, and learn tricks of the trade to entertain at home.
Stagiaires are offered in 1 or 2 day formats. Each program is customized to give an overview of how a professional kitchen is organized, an introduction to evaluating fish, meats and produce, and hands-on training in foundation techniques. At the end of the day, you have a chance to see all of your hard work translated into beautiful, finished dishes in the dining room.
Included in the program:
- 1 or 2 8-hour days in our kitchen, with lunch included
- A pair of dalmatian spotted chefs pants and matching apron
- A personalized copy of one of Patrick O’Connell’s books
- A guaranteed dinner reservation for the nights of your stage with a complimentary champagne toast on the first night
- A gift certificate for a discount on purchases from The Inn Shops
- If you are interested in staying at The Inn, we offer a 25% discount on rooms with an upgrade (space permitting on arrival) for program participants. (The discount is not available on Friday or Saturday nights, on holidays, or during the months of May and October.)
The cost is $1200 for 1 day or $2000 for 2 days. This price does not include accommodations or dinner. Participants will be offered available dates on a first come, first served basis. The program is not open to culinary professionals.
For more information please contact Lisa Albert at 540-675-5218 or complete the information request form.