The Inn at Little Washington offers the opportunity for non-professionals to spend time working with Chef Patrick O’Connell’s award-winning team in the what has been called the “world’s most beautiful kitchen”. The Stagiaire, named for the traditional French apprentice program that is a key facet of any professional cook’s education, allows guests to not only observe all of the different departments of our kitchen, but gives them the chance to actually pick up a whisk and join in. It is an ideal opportunity to learn the secret to making light and delicious gnocchi, to perfect your knife skills, or perhaps, to learn many tricks to help you the next time you entertain at home.
Stagiaires are offered in a 1 day or 2 day format. Each program is customized to give an overview of how a professional kitchen is organized, an introduction to evaluating fish, meats and produce, hands on training in foundation techniques, and a chance to see all of your hard work translated into beautiful, finished dishes. There is also plenty of time to focus on any special areas of interest you may have.
Included in the program:
- 1 or 2, 8-hour days in our kitchen, with lunch included
- A pair of Dalmatian Spotted chefs pants and matching apron
- A personalized copy of Patrick O’Connell’s Refined American Cuisine cookbook
- A guaranteed dinner reservation for the nights of your Stage with a complimentary champagne toast on the first night.
- A gift certificate for a discount on purchases from The Inn Shops
- The cost is $2000 for the 1-day stage and $2600 for the 2-day stage.
This price does not include accommodations or dinner. Participants will be offered available dates on a first come, first serve basis. Stages are not available on Saturdays or during the months of May or October. The program is not open to culinary professionals.
If you are interested in staying at The Inn, we offer an upgrade (space permitting) for program participants.
For more information please contact Lisa Albert at 540-675-5218 or complete the information request form.