The Inn at Little Washington offers the opportunity for non-professionals to spend time working with Chef Patrick O’Connell and his award winning team in the what has been called the “world’s most beautiful kitchen”. The Stagiaire Program, named for the traditional French apprentice program that is a key facet of any professional cook’s education, allows guests to not only observe all of the different departments of our kitchen, but gives them the chance to actually pick up a whisk and join in. It is an ideal opportunity to learn the secret to making light and delicious gnocchi, to perfect your knife skills, or perhaps, to learn many tricks to help you the next time you entertain at home.
Stagiaires are offered in a 1, 2 day or 3 day format. Each program is customized to give an overview of how a professional kitchen is organized, an introduction to evaluating fish, meats and produce, hands on training in foundation techniques, and a chance to see all of your hard work translated into the beautiful, finished dishes while expediting during the dinner service with Chef/Proprietor Patrick O’Connell. There is also plenty of time to focus on any special areas of interest you may have.
Included in the program:
- 1, 2 or 3, 8-hour days in our kitchen, with lunch included
- A pair of Dalmatian Spotted chefs pants and matching apron
- A personalized copy of Patrick O’Connell’s Refined American Cuisine cookbook
- A guaranteed dinner reservation for the nights of your Stage with a complimentary champagne toast on the first night.
- A gift certificate for a discount on purchases from The Inn Shop’s
- If you are interested in staying at The Inn, we offer a 25% discount on rooms with an upgrade (space permitting on arrival) for program participants. (The discount is not available on Friday or Saturday night, on holidays or during the months of May and October.)
The cost is $1000 for 1 day, $1800 for the 2-day stage and $2400 for the 3-day stage. This price does not include accommodations or dinner. Participants will be offered available dates on a first come, first serve basis. The program is not open to culinary professionals.
For more information please contact Rachel Hayden at 540-675-5238 or complete the information request form.